Derived from the recent reforms to the Federal Labor Law, for the issue of personnel subcontracting or outsourcing; many companies are confused about the scope of these modifications in the outsourcing of various services. The first thing that those companies that intend to incorporate professional services for the provision of specialized services (outsourcing) should know or continue to maintain them in case they already have them in their organization, is the following:
1. The term as such of Outsourcing was eliminated, but now they will be called: specialized services companies or specialized works execution companies.
2. The subcontracting of professional services is allowed, as long as the requirements are met, that is, that the services that are contracted do not form part of the corporate purpose or the economic activities of the contracting company.
3. The personnel who carry out the main activities of the company may not be under the contracting of specialized services or the execution of specialized works.
4. Specialized service providers must be registered and registered in a public registry called: REPSE, which is regulated by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
5. Companies must have a written and signed contract to support the specialized services they hire.
How to adapt to the new reform?
Contractors or outsourcing agencies in Mexico must be registered with the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS) and meet the necessary requirements; having until September 1 to register and regularize subcontracting services.
The terms of the Reform will also have to be considered: 1 month from the publication of the reform for the STPS to issue the guidelines for registration; 3 months for companies to regularize and recognize their workers, once the guidelines are published. Every 3 years companies will have to update their registration with the STPS.
In Mexcentrix you can access a safe and guaranteed specialized service complying with the requirements of the new reform of specialized services in Mexico, for more information contact us.