In accordance with article 25 of the IMMEX Decree and article 8 of the PROSEC Decree, companies with an IMMEX and PROSEC program must present the Annual Report on Foreign Trade, with respect to total sales and exports (*), corresponding to the fiscal year immediately preceding fiscal, from April 1 and at the latest on the following dates:
- Companies with PROSEC Program: No later than the last business day of April
- Companies with IMMEX Program: No later than the last business day of May
- Companies with both programs (PROSEC and IMMEX): No later than the last business day of April, since it is a single procedure for both programs.
* It must be verified that the IMMEX company complies with the obligation of the program to make annual sales abroad for a value greater than $ 500,000 USD, or its equivalent in national currency, or invoice exports, for at least 10% of its invoicing total.
Consequences in case of not presenting on time:
If the annual report is not presented on the established date, the Program will be suspended until the omission is corrected.
If the report is not submitted by the last business day of June of the current year, the program will be canceled as of July 1, 2021.
If the annual report is not presented on the established date, the Program will be suspended until the omission is corrected. It may be submitted until the last business day of August of the current year. During the suspension period of the IMMEX Program, the company will not be able to temporarily import merchandise or enjoy the other benefits of the Program.
In case of not presented on the established date the report, the IMMEX program will be definitively canceled as of September 1 of the current year. Derived from it, the company will have 60 calendar days to change the regime of temporary goods to definitive import or return them abroad.
Information needed for the presentation:
The Annual Report is presented through VUCEM, and the total sales for the year 2020 and the total commercial value exported in 2020 must be declared. If with the information presented the system verifies that the export commitments are not fulfilled, a start of the cancellation procedure for the IMMEX Program.
To present the report correctly, it is recommended to have the following information and documentation, among others:
- Data Stage for fiscal year 2020
- Annual Declaration for fiscal year 2020
- Invoicing to assemblers and CTMS received.
You have doubts? At Mexcentrix we have experts in the area of Foreign Trade to advise you. Avoid the suspension and / or cancellation of your IMMEX program, and get advice from the experts.